Monday, July 30, 2012

iRecommend: Purity of Heart is to Will One Thing by The Welcome Wagon [+Free Album Download]

if You Like:  The White Stripes, Sufjan Stevens, The Cranberries, The Civil Wars and Regina Spektor

Okay this is weird! Cause this is like the weirdest music I have ever tried on iRecommend. Honestly, Last week, I posted a status on Facebook that went something like this about this band


"Been listening to 'Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices' by The Welcome Wagon. Honestly I must say, I have never heard anything like this before and I don't mean it's super by that. I just mean it feels like learning a new language listening to this album. Go for it only if you have an eclectic taste for music, want to try something you've never tried before or simply bored of 'normal' . . . or who knows ; if you want to learn a new language. LoL! "

Now that was about their latest release 'Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices', so you wouldn't know how excited I was when I discovered that they gave ever an EP of un-released  songs for a Fair-Trade charity cause set to help 'liberate and empower' women escaping the sex trade in Calcutta, India. I was excited cause I wouldn't be alone in this 'learning of a new language'.

A little about the band before we go on. The musical duo is a married couple — the Reverend Thomas Vito Aiuto and his wife Monique—grew up in the same Midwestern town. She’s an artist by trade, having once worked as a craft-maker for Martha Stewart. He’s a Presbyterian minister and currently the senior pastor at Resurrection Presbyterian, a church he planted in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York.

That's has cool as it gets, now ready for the out of the world music? Click here

Connect: Okay I haven't found them on twitter so in case you do let me know.



And did I mention I've been stuck on 'The Strife is O'er' From their new album? :o

 

Ponder:


"The dream isn't what you see when you sleep at night, the dream is what doesn't make you sleep at night"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...