Friday, July 6, 2012

Photograph.

[The above picture is Katie Torwalt's. A singer and worship pastor from California and I love it so much I saved it from her twitter (@katietorwalt), I plan using some of the concept at my next photo-shoot]



Photograph is like prayer

Prayer like a photograph

We freeze time

We have an experience

A celebration with the divine

Wait before I indulge you with heavy poetry

Are your times with Him moments to remember or moments to endure?

Do you nod it off with a doze or look at the time several times to see how long you’ve been there

This is the idea of photograph; that those moments of communion are frozen on some blind spots of our hearts illuminating the inner room with bright colors

Life lights up, soul is at absolute UN-understandable peace and you can’t wait to go back.

Have you had a photograph you wanted to tear up, burn and throw into a bottomless sea

Have you? Cause I have

And have you had a photograph you just wanted to keep, treasure, love cause it reminds you of love in its purest form

Have you? Cause I have too

But wait if we have these two types of photographs we will notice that the difference isn’t the material but the people and faces in the picture.

In prayer we take photographs with God

And if we want to keep them or burn, it all hinges on this:

The photograph you took last with God; who was background and who was the camera focused on?
Cause the answer determines a picture kept and a picture torn.



Question:

When the idea of prayer like a photograph came to me, honestly I found it quite hilarious. Have you ever seen prayer like a photograph before? And what makes a great picture (or prayer) ? :)



 [Images via Pinterest]

8 comments:

  1. Thoughtful and imaginative. Thanks for sharing this snapshot on prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Leslie! Means so much to be. You guys are the best! :)

      Delete
  2. In prayer we take photographs with God.

    I'm going to remember that! Love this. Thanks, Ayomide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. From a writer that moves me. . . I'm grateful to God I must say. Thanks Cara :)

      Delete
  4. Yep. That quote Shiela mentioned. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...