Saturday, October 8, 2011

Laundry Services

[Image via flickr]

He sat on the street bench aiming at the next act of wickedness and depravity. Tangled up in all that had gone by, each action seemed like digging a deeper grave and called for a stronger pull. All the sex and the drugs, “I give up and I’m not even trying again” he said to himself
“No one believes I can be good, everyone would even laugh at a though of me being good, even I . . . So what’s the point?” 

That was when he made up his mind to travel down the wide road. Five years later, he’s a pimp and a hustler. He’s rising as the second best party-club manager in his community.
But five years later could have been different. He could have been whole and holy if he only gave up the dirty laundry he kept wearing which he called designers.

 * * *

As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from usPsalms 103:12

I pray Jesus keeps showing us (or rather show us) how far the east is from the west is just how far he has separated the person we use to be from the person he makes us in him.
Most times, we don’t accept the change he offers with his nailed scarred hands because the new person he offers us is simply unrealistic. And sometimes it just cause we can’t see who He says we are in Him. But choosing to trust him with who we would become is the first step into freedom.

No stains are too hard for Him. I absolutely believe that. As I write, my mind flashes on stories of people accepting their ‘stubborn stains’ and wearing them like designer clothing because they believe they were ‘born this way’ but sincerely I beg to differ. If you are in a hard place, hang on! Jesus Christ is your righteousness, let him work his righteousness through you. Let him. You can be all he has said you can and more. And if you don’t know him please bring your ‘laundry’ (your life). There is forgiveness no matter what you’ve done. I repeat, there is forgiveness no matter what you’ve done. And my God? He is crazily in love with you. He’s waiting for you.

The Lord has appeared of old to me saying:
“Yes I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you “Jeremiah 31:3

So come.

We hear lies every day, from the media, TV and even the world around us that we can never change but Jesus offers change.

Like the character in the story we read, five years down the lane, whole or still broken, a pimp or a peculiar person who has been chosen by and doing great things for God, It really depends on a choice and only you is ‘powerful’ enough to make that choice.
Would you let Jesus come in and do your life laundry? His services are absolutely free
A new you awaits you.

"Scrub away my guilt
Soak my sins in your laundry.
I know how bad I’ve been
My sins are staring me down" Psalms 51:1 (The Message)

"Soak me in your laundry
And I’ll come out clean
Scrub me and I’ll have a snow white life "Psalms 51:7 (The Message)

“Come now, and let us reason together” says the Lord
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow
Though they are red like crimson
They shall be as wool” Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...