Friday, April 6, 2012

Why Your Sin Isn't Your Problem [An Easter Musing]



Read Matt 27:3-5 (NLT)
"I have sinned," he declared, "for I have betrayed an innocent man."
"What do we care?" They retorted. "That's your problem." - Matt 27:4

One of the greatest mistakes we can make as humans is to acknowledge wrong doing or a misdirection that has occurred and then try to fix it ourselves. It's usually a dead end of guilt.
Here Judas realized he had sinned and in fact declared it but he was told 'that was his problem'. We know the end result; he went ahead to hang himself.

We can never solve the problem of sin and that's why Jesus came.
The practicals: even when you have made that grand mistake and you are awaken in the aftermath reality that unfolds, you must be quick to accept that if your own reasoning and doing got you into that mess, it wouldn't get you out of it.

I think one of the best things I have heard in the moments I think I've failed and realized it was God telling me 'I am with you even in this mess and I want to help you out of this place'.

This in no way is to make us irresponsible but your sin isn't your problem, not cause you didn't commit it but cause you can't solve it.

Maybe if Judas knew why his master really had to die, he wouldn't have died.
Maybe if people look at the cross in times of their deepest regrets and failures they wouldn't end up like the bloodied mess they find there.

1 comment:

  1. Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...