Tuesday, March 1, 2011

THE TRAITOR WITHIN




Our hope
That the traitor within becomes our dog
Our watch dog

I do all I can to keep this castle safe
But at the brink of victory
You let down the castle doors and let him in without my consent
Or is it?

This is my castle
This is my house
The rooms I have given as a sanctuary for the Holy
But how?
How come?
All of sudden I realize
Like I'm awaken from a drunken slumber
The drug wears off and I find the enemy having a feast at the table of my heart
I find the enemy having a room all to himself
I chase him out
And I try to start over again

At my sore moments
In the quietness of a morning after the slumber of drunkenness
I wonder out loud sometimes
How did He ever get in this time
I swear for the thousandth time never to let him again
And I try to start over again

There's a traitor within
He is the flesh of old
He needs to be mastered
Or else he will be master
Sin is always knocking at our heart-doors
Tap tap tap
Some loud
Some not so loud
When the traitor is master
It is not so loud
When he is mastered
It is just so loud
When the traitor opens the door
He is still master
He has not been mastered
We haven't found ourselves a watch dog
We keep in us, in our castle
A dragon capable of devouring

Our dream
That our castles are safe from all that flaws
Our fantasy
That dragons become dogs overnight
Our reality
The dragon has been defeated twice
And the third defeat already a prophecy which has come to pass in a reality that transcends our minds

Our hope
That the traitor within
Who is the flesh of old
Becomes our watch dog
We rather have a watch dog living in our castle than a dragon

" I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time" - Romans 7: 19-20 (The Message)

" You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master" - Genesis 4:7 (The New Living Translation)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...