Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Gym House of God


It's funny how we all admire the abs but no one really admires the dumbbells. It's funny how we admire the new born and the thought of going 9 months with another inner life is dreadful (or at least something to be handled with courage) for most women, or the sweet fruits off a tree and no one really likes the long wait of it being produced. To cut it short, no one really admires processes



And the funny thing is that processes are when things are actually made. The wait, the time it seems nothing is happening on the outside, thats the time when the real progress is going on on the inside. Just like a person working out at a gym, it doesn't just happen all in a day, the big muscles and the sexy abs, no not in a day.


The bible tells us in the book of Galatians that we reap what we sow. Great thought. Plant good seeds get good results but what we often forget is that things that are sown need time to grow before they can be ripe.


If you are a believer, a child of God, Jesus is working in you and he is also calling you to work out your salvation, like the determined man at the gym determined to burn off those fats and tone his muscles keep working it out. Don't get tired. Keep at it. Keep sowing seeds of the word of God which is the truth into your life. It's might take a while but if you don't give up, a tree is coming, a strong oak of righteousness. It's might take a while but if you don't give up, those strong muscles are going to begin to show, a mighty man of valor. Keep at it. Remember without process no progress. Go through the hard process. Work your faith out, your muscle would tear but they would rebuild to get stronger. Go through the process, you are making progress.


Welcome to the Gym House of God, the place where dreams are made.

Ponder.- I found the picture above via google. It really struck me as kind of funny and I laughed alot at it but it also tells a story too. Sometimes we are alike the child in the picture, we want to do BIG things for our God (which is alright) but we don't want to grow. We want to carry big weights as babies. Kind of sounds impossible to me. I'm in a place in my life right now where I believe God is calling me to leave some trivias and go deeper in him. It's not as easy as it sounds. I have cried many things for having to play the dum one in situations in which I'm right. I'm learning to let go of my 'good' rights for greater ones. Seriously, it's hard but I'm wearing my long term lens. I hope this encourages you wherever you might be in your walk with God. What things are you forfeiting right now for the greater in the long term? How would be reading your comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...