Thursday, May 19, 2011

Paula White, Thoughts on Being a Better Writer, Pastor T.D Jakes’ New Movie and Other Things

 PAULA WHITE
 

I have seen Pastor Paula White twice on trinity broadcasting network (TBN) after her divorce and I just love her heart the more. It’s beautiful when we choose not to grow cynical from the trials we go through in life. It’s a super star stunt, when we gather treasures in the darkness and wait for the light of dawn.

The picture of a victor who has overcome reads:

‘The light would sure come; I would gather the treasures of darkness and wear them as accessories of faith in the light. I would say with confidence; See what the lord has done, if He can bring me through, he can do the same for you. He is faithful’.

But it funny how most people embrace more of ‘fate’ and not faith when they go through. James 1:2-3 says:

‘My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your Faith worketh patience’

As I watched Paula White some days back on ‘Praise the Lord’ Live, I was sure she had some treasures to share. She made a statement that keeps ringing in my head ‘You can’t lead someone else to a place you have never been’. And that’s so true. Let’s pause and think: what broken routes are the events in our lives making us pass by? They might be rough but guys we can’t be cynical. We just can’t be. It’s time to draw out our book and take notes of the journey, curves, and bends and moments God showed up at very ‘late’ hours. It’s a matter of time. When we go through we are bound to help another find their way through a similar path.
ON BEING A BETTER WRITER

These days ‘everybody’ writes. At least if not a page, 140 characters on the world acclaimed twitter. But not everyone fulfills the aim of writing. The writer writes to communicate an idea or a thought process that produces an effect on the other end; that’s what shows the effectiveness of a write up anyway. I want to be a better writer. I want to change the word with my pen. Like I love to say ‘I am a warrior and the pen is my sword’. So on my quest to be a writer that communicates better, I stumbled on something said by another writer that totally rocked my world, and here is it:

…I write to fill the hole in my heart. At any given time, all of us have an empty spot, one that is calling for companionship, for example, or for justice, love, romance, or a belly laugh. When I sit down to write, I look to see what hole needs filling at that particular moment. Sometimes that can be painful—but it can’t be ignored. Flat or uninteresting writing often signals something deeper that is being covered up.
-Kathi Appelt (in a May 2011 The Writer interview with Mary Quattlebaum) 

Okay, I'm learning. A writer that wants to communicate must be honest.

PASTOR T.D. JAKES' NEW MOVIE

Pastor TD jakes has a new movie titled 'Jumping the Broom', and I’m just so excited about it. Watching ‘Not easily broken’ (one of his former production which featured A-list actor Morris Chestnut) was just an experience. The suspense, the tears, the drama, you just name it. I can’t wait to see this new one and I already heard that A-list actress Angela Bassett is on the cast of this one. The movie was produced by T.D. Jakes, Tracey E. Edmonds, Elizabeth Hunter, Glendon Palmer and Curtis Wallace. The casting director was Twinkie Byrd. In fact it’s already showing in the cinemas in the US. So in case you find it in a movie theater near let it be the one to watch. I guarantee it to be a thrilling experience.




P.S. – You can follow Pastor Paula white (@Paula_White) on twitter. She tweets good. But guys beware her twitter bio reads ‘Pastor, Preacher, Author, Speaker, Hot Chick, Demon Slayer... (learn to laugh!)´ Ha! LOL!. For more details on Pastor T.D Jakes new movie Check out The Hollywood Reporter . Are you a writer? Do you want to be better in the art? Check out this awesome blog on writing: Wordplay. 
Till next time remember
U R LUVED :)

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...